Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Favorite Genre of Music

For me listening to music is a way of relaxation and reduces stress like after a hard quiz or exam.
I do commonly listen to music on my free time using my personal computer when I am at home or using my diskman (before) and I-pod (present). My favorite Genre of music before are rock because I got influenced by my old schoolmates to listen to that kinda music. Me and my old friends/barkada do jamming below a tree near our school canteen. We do our homeworks, projects there and share some stories about our personal lives. We do sing various type of Rock genre like heavy metal, alternative, OPM and so on. sometimes we sing love songs like "Love Fool" by the Cardigans. When I hear the song "Grey sky morning (best I ever had) by Vertical Horizon it makes me wanna cry because I miss my old barkada allot because they are like my second family and it brings back good memories. Now at my present school I decided to completely change my self from what I am in the past and I think I did successfully morphed my self to another me because allot of my habits before have been changed even my genre of music had changed from rock to trance, electronic ,dance , techno.









Grey Sky Morning (aka Best I ever had) by Vertical Horizon
This song brings back good memories from my old barkadas from Don Bosco




Now (present) my favorite genre is Trance, Techno, Electronic, Drum and Bass , Lounge, Dance. Artist like DJ Tiesto (the best DJ ever!), ATB, Junkie XL, BT, Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Yuri Kane, IIO and so on too many to mention lol. anyway I listen to this songs when I am really stressed or when I am not in the mood. For me this genres awakens me. youth now days commonly like Hip-Hop, Rap, Pop, RNB and so on.. for me I think I am kinda unique because I don't like listening to those kinda music for me its kinda disturbing especially when I am playing FPS games like Special Force or Call of Duty then some guy plays K-POP in the mic I get distracted making me wanna rant in the chat box or in the mic because I cant concentrate on my business (like shooting other baddies). I experienced this situation before that this guy entered and played "Nobody but you" very loud in his mic while we are playing COD5 in a public server. As the guys in our room heard the song they begun ranting and some guys laughed because it sounds gay lol. but seriously I don't mind them but to be honest I got distracted also like I cant think straight on what I wanna do. luckily that guy stayed for a short time in our room and back to our business.






DJ Spiller featuring Sophie Ellis Bextor - Groovejet aka If this ain't love (my 1st favorite dance song)








ATB Featuring Aruna - My saving grace (my favorite song at the moment)






Tiesto Featuring BT - Break my fall (I play this song when I am in love)


Normally I don't like J-POP (Japanese POP) and K-POP (Korean Pop) because when I listen to those kinda songs I feel like out of place because I cant understand the lyrics except for the English parts of course. Its kinda annoying listening to those songs cause I get distracted and I don't know why. Except when I saw the Amuro Namie video titled "Wild" also used as the OST of the Coca-Cola Commercial in some countries including the Philippines. The only J-POP song that I listen and liked. I liked the music video because its a combination of Dance and Cool moves and to be honest she's a hot chick in my opinion but not my type ok~!






Amuro Namie - Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment